When the site was started, its goal was to provide searching capability in Indian languages. And it still is allowing the capability. But what people liked was the Transliteration. Transliteration had been there for a while but it did not get real attention until Ravi Ratlami published a post on it. He provided a very good suggestion to make a proxy site and with grace of God that is achieved too.
Currently the feature is used by Hindi bloggers. There are many people in South India who understand each other’s language very well. Specially many in South India understand Tamil like Hindi in Northern part. If this feature gets famous among TTKM (Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam) bloggers, there would be many more people reading their blog in Indian languages.
There are few bloggers who have posted information about Bhomiyo on their site and here is the list. If you write a post on your blog about Bhomiyo, please inform to maintain a list here:
- Multiple posts on Sampada.Net – a Kannada blog http://sampada.net/blog/02/08/2007/5212 http://sampada.net/blog/mahesha/03/08/2007/5225 http://sampada.net/blog/mahesha/03/08/2007/5224
- Post on Sarathi.info about Phonetic Transliteration from English to Hindi
- Read on Maseejivi – how google sends traffic to your blog because of Transliteration
- For SV – Prabhat na Pushpo – Gujarati Blog
- Post on Dhai Akhar Blog of Nassuriddin
- Post about Urdu to Hindi Transliteration on Urdu Blog
- Please test Urdu to Hindi Transliteration on RC Mishra’s blog
- मोबाइल पर हिंदी चिट्ठे पढ़ना हुआ आसान, धन्यवाद भोमियो! (Read Hindi Blogs on Mobile through Bhomiyo)
- Advantage of Bhomiyo on Kaksesh’s blog
मैं उर्दू पढ़ना चाहता हूँ ‘Bhomiyo.Com’ से अनुरोध on RC Mishra’s blog
- कान्ट सी हिन्दी? लुकिंग एट टोटल गार्बेज? on Ravi Ratlami’s blog
- Ravi Ratlami’s article in Srijangatha
- Online Gujarati Message Composer
- Now you can write Multilingual blogs !
- Read Unicode code text in your favorite language
- A multilingual search engine
- Read a post in Malayali @ chandrasekharannair.wordpress.com